ATT May examinations
The May exam sitting was cancelled.
The results of the ATT remotely proctored exam sitting in July will be released on Wednesday 19th August. In order to allow those using this exam sitting to also make use of the November exam sitting, the ATT are reviewing the November exam entry closing date. We will advise of the new date once we have received confirmation from the ATT.
Prometric test centres in England reopened in June. We are still awaiting news for centres in Scotland and Wales.
Candidates can book their CBEs via the online booking system. Social distancing measures will be in place at all locations. Remote testing for CBEs is currently not available. Please visit Prometric’s website for more information.
Impact on courses
We have now cancelled all revision courses for the May exams, and we will automatically defer bookings to the November sitting.
For those bookings deferred to the November sitting, we will be providing free booster content to ensure students stay on track.
Booster course content went live in the week commencing 1st June.
ATT May FAQ
What will be included in Kaplan’s Booster courses?
Booster course content will comprise:
- A modular study programme that clearly outlines resources available, time commitment and approach. The programme and content is designed to be as flexible as possible so that students can study as and when needed.
- Recorded, tutor led question walkthroughs of exam standard questions coupled with a programme of correlated question practice.
- Pre revision mock exam with self marking guide so that students can diagnose their weaker areas.
- Recorded pre revision mock debrief broken down by question. Students can use the debrief to zero in on the questions and topics that they found most difficult in order to improve knowledge and exam technique.
- A programme of live online drop in sessions focusing on key syllabus topics which will be clearly linked to the modular study programme.
- Interactive MyKaplan activity feed where we will we share relevant updates and additional course content
How will students be enrolled onto Booster courses?
You do not need to do anything as all impacted students will be automatically enrolled onto our Booster courses.
ATT November Examinations
Following an evaluation of the remotely invigilated June/July exam sitting, the ATT have decided that it is not appropriate to use the same software product for the full November examination session. The experience for candidates sitting this first remotely invigilated emergency summer session was considered to be too variable.
To ensure the best possible exam experience for candidates, the ATT have decided to use Exam4 software for the November session. Exam4 is not a remotely invigilated system and more detail about this software can be accessed via the link below.
The November 2020 exams will be also open book, as well as non invigilated. This is due to the current situation regarding COVID-19 rather than a permanent change to ATT exams. The ATT would like to remind candidates that they are bound by the ATT ethical guidelines, must behave in the appropriate manner as a tax professional, act with integrity, receive no external assistance and sit the exam in a room alone.
For more information about these changes please visit the ATT website - enter ATT examinations page.
The dates for each ATT paper have been confirmed and can be found on the ATT website.
Exam entry for the November 2020 exam session will open on Wednesday 15 July and will close on Friday 18 September.
How our ATT classes will run for the rest of 2020
After careful consideration we have taken the decision that all ATT courses in 2020 will be delivered remotely using Live Online.
To minimise disruption, the Live Online course dates we deliver will be the same as your classroom course dates and classes will also be restricted to a maximum of 40 students.
Am I able to get hardcopy ATT CBE materials?
Yes you can still buy them from the CIOT shop.
End Point Assessments
Some learners were due to sit my End Point Assessment (EPA) in the next few months, what do the exam cancellations mean for the Apprenticeship?
The next scheduled EPA session is December 2020. This EPA session will go ahead as scheduled.