The May exam sitting is cancelled.
The institute will be holding the CTA Application and Professional Skills exams via remote proctor in late June/early July.
Apprenticeship students will only be able to sit the CTA Application and Professional Skills exam in June/July if it is the only exam they have left to sit. (see below for more information)
For more information about the June/July sitting and to find out how to book, please visit the CIOT website.
Prometric test centres in England will be reopening from June. We are still awaiting news for centres in Scotland and Wales.
Candidates can book their CBEs via the online booking system. Social distancing measures will be in place at all locations. Remote testing for CBEs is currently not available. Please visit Prometric’s website for more information.
Impact on courses
We have now cancelled all revision courses for the May exams, and we will automatically defer bookings to the November sitting unless advised otherwise (see below).
We will also schedule revision courses that run to the new June/July sitting for the relevant papers.
We will contact students/clients eligible to use the June/July remotely proctored sitting to check if you intend to use that sitting or wait until November to sit exams.
For those bookings deferred to the November sitting, we will be providing free booster content to ensure students stay on track.
Booster course content will go live in the week commencing 1st June.
What will be included in Kaplan’s Booster courses?
Booster course content will comprise:
- A modular study programme that clearly outlines resources available, time commitment and approach. The programme and content is designed to be as flexible as possible so that students can study as and when needed.
- Recorded, tutor led question walkthroughs of exam standard questions coupled with a programme of correlated question practice.
- Pre revision mock exam with self marking guide so that students can diagnose their weaker areas.
- Recorded pre revision mock debrief broken down by question. Students can use the debrief to zero in on the questions and topics that they found most difficult in order to improve knowledge and exam technique.
- A programme of live online drop in sessions focusing on key syllabus topics which will be clearly linked to the modular study programme.
- Interactive MyKaplan activity feed where we will we share relevant updates and additional course content.
How will students be enrolled onto Booster courses?
You do not need to do anything as all impacted students will be automatically enrolled onto our Booster courses.
CTA November Examinations
The November 2020 session will be sat via remote invigilation only. All examinations will be held over a two week period from 2 November to 13 November 2020. The date for each individual exam will be confirmed in the near future. Find out more about remote invigilation on the tax.org website.
When will you send out CTA revision materials?
Revision courses were due to start in April, however, as revision courses are now delayed for several months we will not be sending out this material just yet as we are prioritising sending to students now studying tuition LOL who would have received material in the classroom. We will let you know when these will be sent out however we expect this to be well in advance of the revision courses starting.
End Point Assessments
Some learners were due to sit my End Point Assessment (EPA) in the next few months, what do the exam cancellations mean for the Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship students will only be able to sit the CTA Application and Professional Skills exam in June/July if it is the only exam they have left to sit. In accordance with Apprenticeship rules, students with more than one CTA exam to sit will be precluded from using this sitting as they have not yet passed through the end-point assessment gateway.
The next opportunity following this to sit the EPA will be during the November exam sitting.