1. Structure and eligibility
To be awarded the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting you must:
- Be registered with Oxford Brookes University (i.e. opted in to the degree scheme) before passing any of the three ACCA Applied Skills exams FR, AA or FM
- Have passed the three ACCA Applied Skills exams FR, AA and FM
- Have passed, or gained exemption from, the other six subjects at the Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills levels, at least two months prior to the start of the submission period in which you are seeking to submit. Please note that conditional exemptions do not qualify you to submit the RAP.
- Complete the ACCA Ethics and Professional Skills module
- Complete and pass the Oxford Brookes University Research and Analysis Project
- Be up-to-date with the payment of your ACCA subscription fees. You cannot submit a RAP if your ACCA account is suspended.
The degree must be completed within 10 years of your first examination pass or the date of your first ACCA exemption being granted otherwise your eligibility will be withdrawn.
2. Study method
The degree is only available via Distance Learning. You will be mentored online during your research and your mentor will provide relevant guidance and advice.
Self-study online modules for you to work through at your own pace.
View Distance Learning demo ›
- Study remotely with printed and online materials
- Includes a variety of additional online resources
You will be able to access a range of recorded videos designed to support you throughout your research project. Topics range from selecting a project title to academic research and presentation skills.
In the evening of the first day of your course, there will be a Live Online welcome session to introduce you to the learning platform and the essentials of online learning and studying towards the degree. You can access this session from any computer with a broadband internet connection.
You will be given the opportunity to deliver a presentation on your project to your mentor as well as fellow students in accordance with the Oxford Brookes University’s requirements. This will be conducted entirely online.
3. Study materials and delivery costs
You will receive a Kaplan Project Guide but also have access to online materials via MyKaplan, including:
- Kaplan handbook and FAQs about the Oxford Brookes programme
- ACCA/OBU project guide
- ACCA/OBU resubmission guide should you need to make amendments to your project once the University has reviewed it
How much it costs to deliver your study materials and how long it takes depends on where in the world you live.
Delivery fees are as follows:
UK and NI - £7 for the first package, £7 for subsequent packages
EU - £30 for the first package, £30 for subsequent packages
Rest of the World - £50 for the first package, £50 for subsequent packages
A package relates to all the materials for a specific subject. If purchasing a course for more than one subject, the additional package charges will apply.
Delivery fees are capped at 3 x the cost, per single order. So, if you buy 5 courses for UK delivery in a single order, it will be £7 x 3, rather than £7 x 5.
Our standard delivery times are:
UK – 3 to 5 working days
EU – 5 to 7 working days
Rest of the World – 7 to 10 working days*
*Subject to availability.
If delivery charges are applicable for your course, they will be shown during the online checkout process, before you complete your payment details.
4. MyKaplan: online learning environment
Our online learning environment consists of MyKaplan, Adobe Connect and Skype. A reliable broadband connection, a webcam and a headset are essential.
MyKaplan is an online learning portal with additional resources to help you prepare for your exams. Your MyKaplan account forms the core of your study experience with Kaplan and includes the following:
View your online materials in one place and access your content in a few clicks
Tutor recordings covering how to prepare for each of the three mentor meetings.
You can email a tutor or request a callback
Access on mobile, tablet, computer or through the dedicated mobile app
Access to VideoBank - hundreds of tutor-led videos to help you get the most out of your course.
In addition, you will also be granted access to the Dublin Business School's ebook platform Dawsonera, for access to a range of materials to aid your research.
Please note, all extensions are for the existing content, and do not include any updated content.
6 months after exam sitting, with three months free extension on request, then a further extension for £50
computerMinimum system requirements for MyKaplan
5. Support from your mentor
Your mentor will give you positive and constructive feedback, guidance and support. They don’t need to be an expert in your field of research but they will be well informed about the requirements of the Research and Analysis Project (RAP) and the transferable graduate skills you need to demonstrate.
All Kaplan's online mentors are Registered Mentors with Oxford Brookes, and have successfully completed the Oxford Brookes Registered Online Mentoring course, which is designed to provide them with the necessary knowledge base and skills development to best support a mentee in their Research and Analysis Project.
You will attend three online meetings with your mentor, arranged at a time to suit you both.
6. Course pricing
Course price: £575 (inc.VAT)
You will also need to pay a fee to Oxford Brookes University (OBU) when you submit your project. This is £380 for May and November 2020 submissions.