Enter your team between 28th February - 1st April.
WorldSkills UK is a charity that partners with employers, education providers, and government to help bring apprentices together in a competition setting. And now, the WorldSkills UK Accounting Technician competition is looking for talented accountants to enter again in 2022.
This competition gives apprentices the chance to test their abilities and knowledge against peers and world-class standards in what is known as the ‘skills Olympics’.
In teams of 2-3, apprentices compete to showcase the talent of the future accounting industry and for the chance to win a Gold, Silver, or Bronze medal. The winning team also has the possibility to represent the UK at the WorldSkills global competitions. Participation can even count towards your 20% Off-the-Job learning time.
Why should you enter?
- Prove your talent in a globally recognised space
- Build your confidence
- Be in with the chance of receiving a Gold Medal and national recognition
- Showcase your involvement on your CV
- Be inspired by peers, colleagues, and represent the future of the industry
- The winning team could also get the chance to represent the UK at a global level
Key dates and entry requirements:
- 28th February - 1st April: Registrations
- 4th - 25th April: First stage begins
- 13th June: Qualifiers begin
- September/October: Development Day ahead of the Final
- November: UK National Final and Results Ceremony
This is a team competition with a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 3. It is intended for those studying, training and/or working in the accounting and finance sector. Competitors must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Undertake a Level 3 or 4 apprenticeship, or first year of L7 apprenticeship; or
- Undertake an equivalent qualification (eg HND in Accounting); or
- Have completed a Level 3 or 4 apprenticeship within the past 12 months
For further details and to enter your team before 1st April, please visit our competition page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.