We give an update on the various things we’ve put in place to make our learners feel better about moving back into the classroom.
In these times, it’s absolutely natural to feel unsettled about returning to our centres to attend a classroom course. We realise that everyone is at a different stage, in terms of their confidence in returning to a new normality.
Some of our students will no doubt feel more confident than others, but we wanted to reassure everyone that we are doing everything that we can to make you feel safe.
Your safety is our priority at Kaplan and our staff are here to support you every step of the way. Whilst we gradually start to increase our class capacity we will be implementing the following to keep the risk of spreading the virus as low as we reasonably can.
We will be:
- Running fewer physical classes overall to reduce the total volumes in the centre.
- Staggering class start times to minimise congestion in shared spaces.
- Limiting visitor numbers to centres, and only by prior arrangement.
- Asking our students to wear masks when moving around the centre (however they can be removed when sat in classes or CBE suites).
- Our tutors will be wearing face coverings when moving around the classroom and centre.
- Our spaces will be kept well ventilated. We will be maintaining sanitation stations and undertaking additional cleaning protocols as well as clearly signposting good hygiene practices.
- We are asking our staff to take regular lateral flow tests.
- We display a Q-code for those using Track and Trace apps.
Our staff in each centre are there to help you and to make you feel at ease. Our Student Experience teams and Tutors are here for you to discuss any concerns that you may have whilst you are in the centre.
We realise that the idea of commuting again may be daunting for some. In order to ease this transition, why not think about trialling your route to the centre or bringing your own lunch if you want to avoid going out during busy lunchtimes?
Finally, we can support you if you do test positive for Covid or are contacted via track and trace by providing you with the course recordings if you do have to isolate for a period of time.
We hope all of these things we are putting in place will help to facilitate your return to the classroom. But if you continue to have any concerns about returning, please do share these thoughts with your employer.
For more support and information on student wellbeing please visit our advice page, and take a look at our recent webinar on making the transition from remote working to the face to face environment.