Enter your team between 27th February - 24th March.
WorldSkills UK is a charity that partners with employers, education providers, and the government to help bring apprentices together in a competitive setting. And now, the WorldSkills UK Accounting Technician competition is looking for talented students of accountancy to enter again in 2023.
The competition will allow apprentices to test their abilities and knowledge against other peers and world-class standards.
What is the competition?
The Accounting Technician competition has been designed to reflect the role of an accountant, while teams of 2-3 competitors will come together and complete a series of tasks. Competitors can use this opportunity to showcase their knowledge but also fill in any skills gaps that they find missing.
Just taking part is greatly beneficial: entrants will be sure to feel rewarded as 97% of previous WorldSkills UK competitors say that they improved their technical skills, with 93% improving their employability and personal skills. The average earnings of those who participated in these competitions are 60% higher than others in a comparable group.
Who is eligible to participate?
- You will need to work in a team of 2-3 for this competition
- There is no limit on the number of competitors permitted to enter per organisation
- There is no age limit
- It is intended for those studying, training and/or working in the accounting and finance sector
All competitors much meet at least one of the following criteria:
- undertaking Level 3 or 4 apprenticeships, or the first year of the Level 7 apprenticeship
- undertaking an equivalent qualification (for example, HND in accounting)
- have completed a Level 3 or 4 apprenticeship within the past 12 months.
Why should you enter?
- Prove your talent in a globally recognised space
- Be inspired by peers, and colleagues, and represent the future of the industry
- Be in with the chance of receiving a Gold Medal and national recognition
- Boost your CV and skills
- Access to additional equipment and resources
- Enhance your team working and communication skills
- The winning team could also get the chance to represent the UK at a global level
Key dates and entry requirements:
- 27th February - 24th March 2023. Registrations
- April - May 2023. The first stage of the competition is an online test
- 15th June 2023. The second stage of the competition for the highest scoring teams in the first stage. Competitors take part in an online competition
- July 2023. Finalists are announced
- End October 2023. Development session via Zoom to prepare for the National Finals
- November 2023 (dates tbc). The finalists come together to compete in the National Finals in person
For further details about the Accounting Technician competition, or to enter your team before the 24th of March, go to the competition webpage and read the handbook with all of the rules and guidelines or contact email@example.com.