Free webinar – 8th December 2016, 12-1pm
Speaker - Roy Daintith, Senior Consultant for Macroeconomics, Leadership and Professional Development at Kaplan
As we approach 2017, we face the imminent prospect of the implementation of Article 50, the German and French elections, and the new US president basking in the honeymoon period of their first 100 days in office. How much political and economic uncertainty do you need to make life interesting?
Formulating economic policy and by extension, business strategy and policy in such an environment is challenging to say the least; but assessing the current position of the economy and the likely path in the near future is illustrative and provides a backdrop to the year ahead.
This webinar will highlight the uncertainty which currently seems to prevail at the macro level and what this might mean for your business.
What you will learn:
- The key challenges, pitfalls and opportunities to consider in 2017
- How you can prepare your business for the next 12 months in light of the current economic and political climate
- The importance of financial literacy throughout your business
This session will cover:
- The current position of the UK economy and the near term outlook
- Consumer spending and investment spending by firms; have interest rates lost their impact?
- What is the direction for the UK exchange rate?
- The EU post Italy's referendum; consolidation or medium term fragmentation of the EU?
- The US; now what? Structural issues facing the US in terms of labour participation and wage levels
- Outlook for global trade and growth in 2017
Register now for this event