Apprenticeships have gone through significant changes over the last 5 years with the introduction of new funding mechanisms and employer-driven standards, focused around job roles. However, for many micro-employers the relevance of these changes can seem remote.
Firstly the new standards have been criticised by some for failing to include very small businesses in their design. Furthermore, there continues to be a myth around the bureaucracy of Apprenticeship funding which, understandably, can be very off-putting for smaller organisations.
In this webinar we aim to dispel some of these myths and show how making use of Apprenticeships can have real business benefits for micro-employers.
We will cover:
- What Apprenticeships are and who can be eligible to undertake one
- The range of Apprenticeships available and what the different levels represent
- How funding works and extra incentives you may entitled to as a micro-employer such as, free funding for 16-18 year olds
- How the process works for enrolling an employee onto an Apprenticeship scheme
- Key considerations for managers responsible for apprentices
- Recruitment support available to help you find new apprentices