Skip to main content

Why you should take on a Finance apprentice

In this short video (2:35) we show how an apprentice can have a positive impact on your business.

What is the Apprenticeship levy?

The levy is a type of tax paid by all UK businesses that have a payroll bill of over £3 million annually. Every month you’ll need to pay 0.5% of the revenue which then goes into a levy account. You can use the funds accumulated to invest in training an apprentice to support your business.  Make sure you spend it within two years, otherwise you’ll lose it as a tax.

Don’t worry if you’ve used up your funds, the government will still pay 90% of the remaining costs, so you’ll only have to cover 10% of training. If your business doesn’t pay the levy, the government will also cover 90% of the training costs.

Find out more

Man and woman reviewing a portfolio

Ready to access the levy?

Are you ready to use your levy funds to train an apprentice?

We’ve written a step by step guide to how to set up your TAS account.

Download guide

Apprenticeship Levy funding system brochure

Apprenticeship Recruitment Service

So now you’re looking to train an apprentice and access your levy. If you choose us as your training provider, we offer a free recruitment service. Our experienced team will search for the perfect apprentice to suit your business.

Find out more

job interview

Apprenticeships Insights

7321_B2B_Insights_Image_720x405 px (1)

First Point of Contact: Talent Coach Interview

  • Video
Kaplan's talent coaches provide a first point of contact, regardless of the query. Watch this introduction to see the kind of support that is provided.
Why Apps

Why You Should Take On An Apprentice

  • Video
Have you thought about taking on an apprentice, but never quite made the decision? In this short clip we show how they can make a positive impact.

To discuss your Apprenticeship needs…

Request a callback below or call:

0161 259 7400


about relevant products and services from Kaplan. I understand I can unsubscribe at any time. Please see our Privacy Policy for further details on how we handle your data.

Stay in the loop:

facebook Linkedin Twitter