The Student Attendance Policy has been developed as part of Kaplan's commitment to providing a supportive learning environment, which enables all students to achieve their full potential.
This policy applies to all Kaplan students
Students must arrive on time for classes and remain for the duration. Late arrival at and/or early departure from classes can be disruptive to both students and their learning. Unsatisfactory attendance includes failure to attend at least 90% of their classes, non attendance without providing a satisfactory reason in advance, and persistent late arrival at, or early departure from classes without prior notification.
Kaplan expects students to attend at least 90% of their classes for the full duration of the session and/or course. We understand that in some instances, unforeseen circumstances unfortunately do not make this possible. Therefore, notifying us at your earliest opportunity enables us to provide you with the best learning outcome.
Arriving late and leaving early
Arriving late for, or leaving early has a negative impact on your learning. If you are unsure what time your classes are due to start, please reference your course confirmation email, review your course calendar in MyKaplan or you can speak to Student Services.
Kaplan attendance is recorded across all classes, both online and physical classroom courses. Kaplan has the right to revoke any Pass Guarantee should there be persistent lateness/early departure and or significant absence from the course.
Apprentices’ unsatisfactory attendance is shared with employers.
All students are responsible for:
- Attending all timetabled classes associated with the chosen course.
- Ensuring that they are in class at the time the register is recorded or signing in with the Student Experience team in the centre.
- Notifying Student Services or their Tutor in advance should they expect to be absent from any class.
- Notifying the Student Service team or their Tutor in respect of unplanned or unforeseen absences from classes within 24 hours and if requested, providing a medical certificate or other evidence to explain the absence.
- Sponsored students and apprentices should notify their employer of any planned absences in advance of the class and at their earliest opportunity regarding any unforeseen/unplanned absences. Kaplan will notify employers of any absences and or persistent late arrivals/early departures.
- Students should ensure that they have requested permission from Student Service should they require changes to their course booking.
arrow_back Back to policies