Live Online Student Charter
At Kaplan we want you to enjoy your studies. For our students we want you to pass your exams, and for our apprentices to develop the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviour to succeed in your chosen career, your end point assessment and successfully complete your apprenticeship.
To ensure you have the best opportunity to achieve success, there are a few things you need to do:
1. Attend all your classes.
2. Complete course assessments/mocks and submit them on time to ensure that they are marked
4. Utilise the features and benefits, including online testing, provided on MyKaplan - our learning management system.
In order to get the most out of your studies with Kaplan, create a friendly study environment and for you to achieve your qualification / apprenticeship, we require you to adhere to the guidelines set out in this charter.
1. Ensure that you join your class at least 5 minutes before the class starts.
2. Your online access is not transferable.
3. We expect you to achieve a minimum of 80% attendance over the duration of your course.
4. If you miss a class, then make sure that you watch the recording of the session at your earliest opportunity and before the subsequent session.
5. Play an active part in the session, by contributing on the chat panel.
6. Give the session your full attention and resist any temptation to multi-task.
7. For apprentices attending live on line development sessions, you will need to have your camera switched on. For apprentices attending banking and finance live online classes, you will be asked to have your camera on at the start at least, and then as directed by your tutor.
8. Reflect on what you have learnt in your session, and how you will apply that in the workplace.
9. All assessments and mocks (as applicable per qualification/course) should be completed and submitted for marking within the deadlines provided. Scripts submitted after the deadline will not be marked .The more questions you attempt and the more practice and feedback you get, the better the chance of success.
10.Complete your homework including the completion of the Knowledge checks on MyKaplan.
11. It is your responsibility to book and attempt exams relevant to all the papers/units/subjects studied. For apprentices, please speak with your Talent Coach or Student Services if you have any concerns.
Our programmes are delivered in a professional learning environment. We therefore require that you engage in a courteous, considerate and professional manner at all times when attending one of our Kaplan courses . If you do not uphold these standards of behaviour, then steps may be taken to remove you from your programme.
Please also refer to the student code of conduct.