Bringing your own device to use at Kaplan
As you prepare for your computer based exam, it is a good idea to complete your course tests, progress tests and mock exams on a computer. As well as checking you're on track with your studies, it helps you to become familiar with the software format and functionalities, giving you confidence and getting you exam-ready.
We're happy for you to bring your own device, such as a laptop or tablet, into a Kaplan centre. You might feel more comfortable using a device you know.
Examples of courses where your device could be used are:
- ACA - All Phases
- ACCA - All Phases
- AAT - AVSY / ADSY /SPSH
- CIMA - Professional revision phase, including Case Study final two days
However, if you are not in receipt of your hard copy course materials in advance of the first day of your classroom course, then we would recommend that you bring your computer with you to our Kaplan premises so that you can access the soft copy materials on MyKaplan on day one of your course . This applies to the delivery of all of our qualifications.
All course materials are shipped to you in advance of the course and there are no hard copy materials available at your local Kaplan centre.
If you do bring your device to class, there are a few things you need to be aware of:
- Secure Wi-Fi is available in all our centres – you'll need to sign up using your email address to access it. It's a good idea to complete the sign-up process before you go into class.
- We've installed extra electrical power sockets in centres, so you can plug in to keep your device charged. However, we can't guarantee there will be enough for everyone so it's a good idea to ensure your device is fully charged at the start of each day.
- Keep it quiet – remember to keep your device on mute so you don't distract the rest of your class.
- You'll need your MyKaplan login password (username is your email address) so make sure you can recall it! If you've forgotten your password, at least one hour before your class simply go to mykaplan.co.uk and click on “forgotten password”. You'll then receive an email so you can reset it. Any difficulties call our MyKaplan helpdesk on 0161 259 7400.
- Our tutor and Student Experience teams in centres are not IT experts! We'll try to help you with any technical issues, but we may not be able to. It is a good idea to take your device into a centre beforehand to check you can connect to the Wi-Fi and MyKaplan, so you're not rushing on the actual day you need it.
- Kaplan cannot accept responsibility for any loss, theft or damage of your device or associated accessories whilst on our premises; you bring it to Kaplan at your own risk (see our full T&Cs on the website). We don't have anywhere to store your device when it is not in use, so it is up to you to keep it safe.
- Staying safe online. Being safe and vigilant online is something that we all need to remember.
- Be vigilant against potential “phishing” attempts
- Be careful what you download
- Be careful who you “meet” online
- Be aware of your digital footprint
- Protect your identity
- If you come across online material promoting terrorism or extremism or other inappropriate content please email our confidential helpline firstname.lastname@example.org
If you've any questions about whether to bring your device into Kaplan, please get in touch on 0161 259 7400.