QAA review standards for Higher Education
We are reviewed every 4 years by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) and undergo annual return and short monitoring visits between reviews.
Any questions? Contact us
As one of the top financial training providers in the UK, we ensure that we meet high-quality standards for both our students and tutors.
In our 2016 review, we adhered to the required level of QAA standards for Higher Education (Alternative Providers), and the review team formed these insights about our standards and quality:
- Our maintenance of the academic standards of awards offered on behalf of degree-awarding bodies and/or other awarding organisations meets UK expectations
- The quality of our student learning opportunities meets UK expectations
- The quality of our information about learning opportunities meets UK expectations
- The enhancement of our student learning opportunities meets UK expectations
The QAA team identified the following as good practice:
- The effectiveness of our support and development for new staff across all centres (Expectation B3).
The QAA team made the following suggestions, which we’re taking into consideration for further improvements:
- Continue development of our Tutor Academy’s support and development for new staff across centres
- Develop and implement an appropriate teaching and learning strategy to enhance the quality of our academic delivery and the student learning experience (Expectations B3 and Enhancement)
- Establish a process to build on the existing student feedback procedures on all our delivery channels (Expectation B5)
- Develop a robust internal moderation process to help our students to achieve the best learning outcomes for the credit or qualification they are studying (Expectation B6)
- Develop and implement a formal process to ensure regular and systematic monitoring, and review of all our programmes of study across all centres (Expectation B8)
- Strengthen our organisational engagement with the Quality Code to enhance the quality of student learning opportunities (Expectation Enhancement)
- Continue to take deliberate steps to identify “at-risk” students using relevant data and provide them with appropriate support
We’ve responded by producing an action plan to address the recommendations highlighted by the QAA review team.
Our plan details the actions we’ll take to maintain good practice and support our students, and the time frame we aim to complete them by.
Read our full QAA Action Plan