Overview of programme
You will soon be undertaking the ACA qualification, administered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants for England & Wales (ICAEW). This qualification usually takes 3-4 years to complete and consists of 15 examinations, plus some additional work experience and ethics requirements to become fully qualified.
This guide is designed to tell you everything you need to know about your ACA Course.
The ACA Qualification is split into three Levels – Certificate, Professional and Advanced.
The Certificate Level consists of 6 papers to introduce the basic concepts around key topics
such as Accounting, Assurance and Tax. They are tested via computer based exams which are predominantly multiple choice, some papers have longer questions. The pass mark is 55%.
The six Professional Level papers build on your knowledge from Certificate Level and start to test your ability to apply knowledge to client scenarios. The pass mark is 55%.
At the Advanced Level, there are three papers; Corporate Reporting, Strategic Business
Management and Advanced Case Study. These papers have a pass mark of 50%.
The Advanced Case Study exam acts as part of your End Point Assessment (EPA) and is the final stage of your Level 7 Apprenticeship, along with a 4,000 word Project Report.
Your qualification learning materials are all accessed through the MyKaplan portal. You will receive access to this through an email invitation, once you have been enrolled on your first course. You can access this system from work or home via your desktop, tablet or handheld device.
There are numerous resources you can access on MyKaplan, including:
- Introduction to study guides
- Course Materials
- Recordings of your online lectures
- Online tutorials breaking down the syllabus
- E-Learning segments
- Mini mock and full mock assessments
- Exam and revision technique
As you are completing the ICAEW ACA qualification, you will be required to also complete the following to comply with the ICAEW’s requirements:
- You must accumulate and show evidence of at least 450 days of Practical Work Experience (one working day is seven hours). Practical Work Experience (PWE) is work experience of a financial, business and/or commercial nature
- Complete the ICAEW online Ethics Learning programme including the Ethics assessment which can be accessed from your online training file.
Your Kaplan tutors are industry experts and will support you with any part of your
Outside of the classroom we also have our dedicated Academic Support team to support with technical subject matter related queries. They can be contacted via Live Chat, Request a Call-back or email. Contact details for tutors and Academic Support will be provided through MyKaplan at the start of your course.
Your Exam Manager will support you through your professional qualification.
They will perform the following roles:
- Monitor your performance in professional exams and at college.
- Ensure compliance with your professional qualification requirements.
Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo)
If you require specific support due to a diagnosed condition Kaplan can support you with additional resources. If you need clarification on reasonable adjustments you may be eligible for or require support in your reasonable adjustment applications to any professional bodies for your exams, your Kaplan Talent Coach can put you in touch with our SENCo.
Before your start date, there are a few things you are required to do, so
please read the following checklist carefully and ensure you complete these tasks:
- Register with ICAEW once you have received your actual grades (degree or A-level). You will receive guidance from Deloitte on how to complete your ICAEW student registration via email. A webinar will also take place at the end of July / early August guiding you through the registration process. You will receive further information from Deloitte in due course.
- Request the following from the ICAEW, if applicable:
- Exemptions/credit for prior learning, and/or
- Access arrangements.
Please refer to the Deloitte professional education (pre-joiner) inductions for details on how to do this.
If you wish to enquire about your Kaplan courses please email email@example.com