E1: Managing Finance in a Digital World (formerly Organisational Management)
Around 60% of the E1 syllabus has changed with the main focus on all things digital.
- Role of the finance function
- New Technology in a digital world
- New Data and information in a digital world
- New Shape and structure of the finance functions
- Finance interacting with the organisation
P1: Management Accounting
There aren’t any changes in the P1 syllabus, but the focus will be on digital issues in costing.
- Cost accounting for decision and control
- Budget and budgetary control
- Short term commercial decision making
- Dealing with risk and uncertainty in the short term
F1: Financial Reporting (formerly Financial Reporting and Taxation)
Relevant accounting standards will still be examined
- Regulatory environment of financial reporting
- Financial statements*
- Principles of taxation
- Managing cash and working capital
*Group accounts have been removed from the previous syllabus and placed in F2.
Advice for your next steps
Ideally it’s best if you complete your current level before the syllabus changes, and we have the tools to help you succeed, including our award winning OnDemand learning.
If you sit a Case Study in November 2019, it will be on the 2015 syllabus - and if you need to resit, you can, on the 2015 syllabus, in February 2020.
Quick reminder - the last date for Objective Tests is 3rd November 2019, and the last sitting for Case Study under the 2015 syllabus is November.
CIMA have produced a tool that you can access to help you plan your studies, but remember this isn't tailored to any particular study method and the courses available. Our Student Service advisors will be able to give you tailored advice for your circumstances - contact them on 0161 259 7400.