Classroom Student Charter
At Kaplan we want you to enjoy your studies. For our students we want you to pass your exams, and for our apprentices to develop the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviour to succeed in your chosen career, your end point assessment and successfully complete your apprenticeship.
To ensure you have the best opportunity to achieve success, there are a few things you need to do:
1. Attend all your classes and work as directed throughout the remote learning modules.
2. Complete your homework including the completion of the Knowledge checks on MyKaplan.
3. Complete course assessments/mocks and submit them on time to ensure that they are marked.
4. Utilise the features and benefits, including online testing, provided on MyKaplan - our learning management system.
In order to get the most out of your studies with Kaplan, create a friendly study environment and for you to achieve your qualification / apprenticeship, we require you to adhere to the guidelines set out in this charter.
1. Ensure that you are in class at the scheduled start time. If you join a class late, this is disruptive and disrespectful for other members of your group. Latecomers will be asked to join the group at the next available break time and the register marked as late attendance.
2. Sign the attendance register at the beginning of each class. Registration is normally taken in the morning and afternoon.
3. We expect you to achieve a minimum of 80% attendance over the duration of your course.
4. Advise a centre within 24 hours of a class if you are ill If you are going to be off for 3 or more days you must inform Kaplan at the earliest opportunity.
5. Not to switch course groups or courses without agreeing in writing with Kaplan Student Services Team. If you switch groups or courses without the necessary permissions, then you will be marked as absent.
6. Disciplinary action will be taken if a student signs the register for anyone other than themselves.
7. If you miss a class without exceptional circumstances (e.g. illness), then tutors cannot be expected to spend additional time going over work that has been missed. If you are in a class and don't understand anything, then the tutor will endeavour to spend time outside the class helping you.
8. Play an active part in the session, by contributing to discussion.
9. Give the session your full attention and resist any temptation to multi-task.
10. Reflect on what you have learnt in your session, and how you will apply that in the workplace.
11. All assessments and mocks (as applicable per qualification/course) should be completed and submitted for marking within the deadlines provided.Scripts submitted after the deadline will not be marked . The more questions you attempt and the more practice and feedback you get, the better the chance of success.
12. It is your responsibility to book and attempt exams relevant to all the papers/units/subjects studied.
Our programmes are delivered in a professional learning environment. We therefore require that you engage in a courteous, considerate and professional manner at all times when attending one of our Kaplan courses . If you do not uphold these standards of behaviour, then steps may be taken to remove you from your programme.
Please also refer to the student code of conduct.