Where can you work?
Our apprentices work in many different industries and companies, from smaller companies to FTSE 350 organisations. You can expect your Apprenticeship to open many doors, and you could find yourself working in public or private organisations, in many sectors: retail, banking, finance, insurance, legal, education, manufacturing technology, transportation, IT, technology, services, or logistics.
Apprenticeships are also offered by small and large employers. The job and the Apprenticeship programme will be broadly the same in all organisation sizes, but there are some differences that are worth being aware of:
- Your working environment may have different benefits depending on where you choose to work.
- Job roles may be more/less competitive to apply for, depending on the size of organisation and how recognised their company name is.
- Larger organisations can have established internal career progression programmes available.
- Location of work may differ depending on the size of employer - this may affect how you get to work and whether you can get public transport or need access to a car.
- If you choose to work with a smaller employer, you may be part of a smaller group of apprentices, or be the only one in the office. Although this can be daunting, it can often mean that you are exposed to a wider range of workplace activities sooner than your peers.
If you’d like to see what Apprenticeships are currently available via Kaplan, you can have a look at our Jobs Board for more information.